Monday, December 03, 2007

An Open Door!



I write as someone who is completely humbled by the way God works. If you read our blogs, and I hope you do, you know Pastor Hugo. Pastor Hugo is the man who has been feeding children in Santa Rosa. From humble beginnings, God is opening doors for various types of ministry.

Hugo called me this morning and told me of a ministry opportunity that is so much bigger than he or I! Remember the Barrio President who told Pastor Hugo that he could not feed the children at the Santa Rosa Park? Well, there is a new believer who works for the City of Quito, who heard about this. So when a Barrio President in Caminos de la Libertad complained about the situation of the children in his Barrio, the new believer knew who to contact...Pastor Hugo! Hugo said this morning, “Brother, the thing is that Caminos de la Libertad is even poorer that Santa Rosa. They have 200 children and I do not even know how we could begin.”

The book of James says that if any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men, liberally. I ask you to join with me in asking God. Do not be confused, this is not some sort of veiled attempt to ask for money. Money will not solve this one. Hugo does not have the workers to feed 200 children even if he had the money to buy the food. We need to pray for wisdom for Pastor Hugo and for the Lord of the harvest to call out laborers.

No comments: