Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Ministry



Volunteers from the Eastside and Southside Baptist Churches of Fort Smith, Arkansas are ministering in Quito this week. Last night we were at Santisima Fe Baptist Church with Pastor Byron Poma.

1st Picture: The aisles of the local Walmart were really crowded when the Arkansans realized they needed more bowls and spoons. If fact, it was so busy I am not sure if we even received smiley face stickers!





2nd Picture: Chalo works hard directing traffic. The group fed over 200 people and took 55 family pictures. The pictures were put in a frame that had the name of the pastor, church and phone number.













3rd Picture: The members the Arkansas team provided the food and the members of the local church cooked it. The meal was a chicken and rice stew, bread and chocolate milk.






This kid cracked me up. He walked out of the church and was waving the balloons in the air. He was dancing and singing, "I got 2 ball-oo-oons, I got 2 ball-oo-oons...and they're mine mine mine mine mine!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear brother Frank,
Im Gissella fo Santisima Fe Baptist church in Quito, do you remember me? Its so happy to know about you. I remember when I assist you in a vacational children camp in Nueva Aurora neighbourhood, and in the church ,.
I am glad very much that found you througth internet.
God bless you..