Saturday, June 30, 2007




SOMETIMES PLAN "B" IS GRADE "A"

This morning, Julie and I had the rare (summer) opportunity to go out for coffee, together. We left the house just before seven and enjoyed a nice breakfast at the Magic Bean Cafe. Around 8, we got a call from our Awestar team that they would not be able to do the three dramas that were scheduled. You have to understand that events in latinamerica are either 1) not planned at all or 2) planned to the hilt. The pastor with whom were were to work today, is the second type. When I called him, he was obviously disappointed, to say the least. That was when I went with our Plan "B."

Actually, I had not even known that I had a Plan "B" until that moment. I called our son, Bryan. I said, "Drag your brother out of bed and bring the instruments to the 'Bean'." A few minutes later, they were there and we took off in the car for South Quito. En route, I called Lyndi and Nicole. They are summer missionaries working with on of the churches in South Quito. In a few minutes, they were in the car and we were headed up the hill to Jesus is Lord Baptist Church. We explained to the pastor that we were "the group" and he could not have been happier. They played the guitar and drums and sang some songs in English and Spanish. Matt and Lyndi gave testimonies and I taught a Bible lesson and the pastor preached. We had a good turn out and our minutes and minutes of practice were not wasted!

No comments: